WinRAR' 4.20 is Trial Backup & Restore software design by win.rar GmbH. It runs on following operating system: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98 and has as system requirements: Intel Pentium (or compatible), 32MB RAM, 3MB of available hard disk space. Powerful archiver and archive manager. RAR files can usually compress content 8 to 30 percent better than ZIP files. Main features are strong compression, processing of non-RAR archives, long filename support, self-extracting archives and more.Whats new in version 4.20:
WinRAR 4.20 has been tested and received a complete evaluation by the Soft32Download experts and due to the great results it has been awarded with the "Clean & Safe" award, meaning that this product is 100% clean of adware/spyware/trojans/viruses and it is safe to install.
• If archiving operation cannot allocate memory required for compression dictionary, it automatically reduces the dictionary size.
• Decompression algorithm can store the dictionary in several memory blocks. It helps to unpack an archive on systems with high level of memory heap fragmentation, when no single memory block is large enough to fit the entire compression dictionary.Publisher review:
Here is a compression software that will fully meet your expectations! WinRAR is a powerful compression software designed in a way to be able to implement or extract RAR files, ZIP, 7ZIP, CAB and many more. The RAR compression algorithm reduces notoriously the volume of all your files and this safely.
With this latest version, WinRAR can decompress up to 30% faster than the previous version and the application supports changing tasks through the icon on the taskbar of Windows 7.
If any time your colleagues or other members do not have WinRAR installed on their machines, it allows the creation of self-extracting archives, which means that the contacts to whom you send your files do not require any an additional program to extract the contents of the archive. WinRAR is also designed to correct the corrupted archives. But the application does not stop only RAR and ZIP formats because it recognizes and extract archive content employing less known formats such as: ACE, 7-ZIP, CAB, TAR, ISO, GZIP and BZ2 eg. For compression and decompression of files, you can use WinRAR well!WinRAR key features:
- WinRAR introduces an original compression algorithm. It provides high compression ratios on executable files, object libraries, large text files, etc.
- WinRAR offers an optional compression algorithm highly optimized for multimedia data.
- WinRAR supports files and archives up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 bytes in size, about 9000PB. The number of archived files is unlimited for all practical purposes.
- WinRAR provides complete support for RAR and ZIP 2.0 archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, Z, 7Z archives.
- WinRAR supports NTFS file security and data streams.
- WinRAR offers both a classic interactive Windows interface and the command line interface.
- WinRAR provides functionality for creating a \'solid\' archive, which can raise the compression ratio by 10% - 50% over more common methods, particularly when packing large numbers of small files.
- WinRAR offers the ability to create and change SFX archives using default and external SFX modules.
- WinRAR offers the ability to create a multi-volume archive as SFX.
- WinRAR offers a number of service functions, such as setting a password, adding archive and file comments. Even physically damaged archives may be repaired and an archive may be locked to prevent further changes.
Intel Pentium (or compatible), 32MB RAM, 3MB of available hard disk spaceOperating system:
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98Limitations:
No error log file, no authenticity verificationRelease notes: